Obituaries of Maria de los Angeles (Ruiz y Colome) Duarte from Atlanta (Georgia) in 1967
Obituaries for Maria de los Angeles "Angelita" (Ruiz y Colome) Duarte of Atlanta, Georgia from 1967.
Citations and files
- "Duarte," death notice for Maria de los Angeles Ruiz y Colome, 17 August 1967 (Thursday), page 39, col. 6; Atlanta Constitution, newspaper; Georgia, United States. [Download image of death notice]
- "Mrs. Anthonio Duarte," obituary of Maria de los Angeles Ruiz y Colome, 17 August 1967 (Thursday), page 11C, col. 1-2; Atlanta Journal, newspaper; Georgia, United States. [Download image of obituary]
- "Duarte," funeral notice of Maria de los Angeles Ruiz y Colome, 17 August 1967 (Thursday), page 11C, col. 2; Atlanta Journal, newspaper; Georgia, United States. [Download image of funeral notice]
Death notice transcript [formatting added]
DUARTE - Mrs. Anthonio (Angelita) Duarte of 702 Argone Ave. NE, passed away Aug. 16, 1967, at the residence.
Funeral arrangements later. Horis A. Ward, Inc.
Obituary transcript [formatting added]
Mrs. Anthonio (Angelita) Duarte, 74 [born about 1893], of 702 Argonne Ave. NE died Wednesday [August 16] evening at her home.
Funeral will be held Friday [August 18] at 10 a.m. at Ward's Glenwood Chapel with Msgr. Michael Manning officiating.
Burial will be in Resthaven Memorial Gardens.
Mrs. Duarte, a native [birth place] of Mantwa [Mantua] Province, Cuba, was a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church. She had come to Atlanta seven years ago [about 1960] from Cuba.
- her widower of Havana, Cuba [Antonio is still alive in Cuba];
- Mrs. Virgilio [Omaira] Arango,
- Mrs. Ernesto [Gloria] Valera and
- Mrs. Hugo [Alida] A. Morales,
- all of Atlanta;
- Dr. Carlos R. Duarte of Decatur,
- and Dr. Julio M. Duarte of Atlanta,
- and Antonio M. Duarte of Puerto Rico;
- and brothers,
- Antonio J. Ruiz
- and Raymon Ruiz,
- and a sister, Caridad Ruiz,
- all of Havana,
- and 16 grandchildren.
Funeral notice abstract
Additional details given here, but not in obituary:
- Friends and relatives:
- Mr. Antonio Duarte, of Havana, Cuba [widower]
- Dr. Virgilio Arango of Atlanta
- Dr. Ernesto Valera of Atlanta
- Mrs. Elsa Duarte of Puerto Rico (listed after Mr. and Mrs. Antonio Duarte of Puerto Rico) [probably widow of Angelita's non-surviving son, Eugenio]
- Funeral: rosary will be said Thursday at 8 p.m. from Ward's Glenwood Chapel, pallbearers assemble at the chapel at 9:45 a.m.