Obituaries of Mary Florence Ruckman Pence from the Columbia City (Indiana) Commercial Mail in 1967
Three obituaries for Mary Florence Ruckman Pence of Whitley county, Indiana from 1967.
1. "Mrs. Mary F. Pence dies this morning", obituary of Mary Florence Ruckman, 15 November 1967 (Wednesday evening), page 2, col. 8, Columbia City (Whitley, Indiana) Commercial Mail; microfilmed newspaper, Indiana State Library.
2. "Pence rites", funeral notice of Mary Florence Ruckman, 16 November 1967 (Thursday evening), page 8, col. 1, Columbia City (Whitley, Indiana) Commercial Mail; microfilmed newspaper, Indiana State Library.
3. "Pence rites", funeral report of Mary Florence Ruckman, 20 November 1967 (Monday evening), page 5, col. 6, Columbia City (Whitley, Indiana) Commercial Mail; microfilmed newspaper, Indiana State Library.
Transcript of November 15th Obituary [emphasis added]
Mrs. Mary Florence Pence, 89 [born about 1878], 121 N. Oak, died at 9:30 this morning [November 15] at the Prairie View Rest Home in Warsaw [Kosciusko county, Indiana] where she had been a patient [not a resident?] for two years.
She was the widow of Wilbur Lavern Pence.
Born August 2, 1878 in Union township [Whitley county?], she was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. A. Ruckman. She was a member of the Christian Scientist Church in Columbia City.
- one son, Paul L. Pence, Fort Wayne;
- two daughters,
- Mrs. Nina Young, Ann Arbor, Mich., and
- Mrs. Lee (Bessie) Dowell, R. 3 [Rural route];
- six grandchildren:
- four great grandchildren;
- three brothers,
- Steve Ruckman, Eau Claire, Wis.;
- Walter, Paulding, Ohio;
- Floyd, Union township, Whitley county;
- two sisters,
- Mrs. Zade Ruckman, Union township and
- Mrs. Lula Hendrickson, Columbia City.
She was preceded in death by
- two daughters,
- Mrs. Lillie Meyers and
- Faith Pence
- and two brothers,
- Edward and
- Ernest Ruckman.
The body was taken to the J. A. DeMoney & Son Funeral Home where funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Transcript of November 16th Funeral notice [emphasis added]
Funeral rites will be held Saturday afternoon [November 18] at 1:30 at the J. A. DeMoney & Son Funeral Home for Mrs. Mary Florence Pence.
Mrs. Fred Nei will be the reader from First Church of Christ, Scientist, of which Mrs. Pence was a member.
Mrs. Pence, 89, of 121 N. Oak street, died at 9:30 Wednesday morning [November 15] at the Prairie View Rest Home in Warsaw where she had been a patient for two years. She was the widow of Wilbur Lavern Pence who died in June 1948.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 7:00 this evening [November 16].
Burial rites in Greenhill cemetery will follow the Saturday afternoon services.
Transcript of November 20th Funeral report [emphasis added]
The memorial services for Mrs. Mary Florence Pence, 89, of 121 N. Oak street, were held Saturday afternoon [November 18] in the chapel of the J. A. DeMoney & Son Funeral Home.
Committal services and interment followed at Greenhill cemetery.
Mrs. Fred Nei of Church of Christ, Scientist, served as the reader for the services.
Organ prelude and postlude music was played by Edwin Metizler.
The casket bearers, grandsons of Mrs. Pence, were
- Phil Dowell,
- Keith Dowell,
- Dr. William L. Meyers [Lillian's son],
- Bayard McNagny [Lillian's son-in-law],
- Clyde Fahrner, and
- James Daum.
Mrs. Pence, a lifelong resident of Whitley county, died Wednesday [November 15].