RDF: Resource Description Framework (a class presentation)
Why should I care about RDF?
Computers can help YOU find stuff easier on the web, because RDF gives computers a better "understanding" of that information.
Two Parts of RDF: Part 1 (Model)
- Statements/Triples (Subject -- Predicate --> Object)
- Identification/Naming (URIs, CURIEs & Literals)
Why Use RDF?
- Computers can exchange and share data
- Allows combining of various vocabularies
- Can create mash-ups of data for new purposes
- Makes the web more accessible
Why NOT Use RDF?
One word: SYNTAX.
Two Parts of RDF: Part 2 (Syntax)